We’re not just another bike brand - we're an iconic, British motorcycle brand with over 120 years of history behind us. Our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands are home to a tight-knit, but ever-expanding team that's passionate about delivering exquisite riding experiences to our customers.
Under new ownership and proud to be part of the TVS Motor family, we're entering a new era of global success. And we want you to be a part of it!
At Norton, we value respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to execute their roles exceptionally and professionally, and we value personal development, teaching, and learning. When you join our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow and learn alongside some of the most talented and dedicated people in the business.
So if you're passionate about motorcycles and looking to join a team that's shaping the future of this legendary brand, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for an HV Electrical Battery Engineer to help us grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs.
As a member of the electrical engineering team, the role of HV Electrical Battery Engineer will be to design and develop battery systems across several Norton products. This could include battery topologies, BMS PCB specifications and drawings, reviewing suppliers' specifications and drawings for suitability and creating any relevant requirement documentation. You will be responsible for your design areas from concept to production.
As a senior electrical component engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Understanding the requirements across the product range that must be considered in the development of new battery modules for use on the motorcycle.
• Creating, agreeing, and maintaining standard specification documents (environmental/thermal/EMC/electrical etc) that can be used to ensure all selected components are suitable.
• Creating and reviewing electrical hardware specifications (inputs/outputs etc) for the development of new components.
• Creating and assessing thermal/cooling strategies of the battery system
• Validating various mechanical and electrical attributes in the design through simulation methods
• Working with other engineers within the wider teams to ensure that all requirements are captured.
• Working with the testing lead to create test and validation procedures for all new and existing components.
• Validating the fundamental design of electrical components with external suppliers.
• Working with other engineers on the optimal locations/packaging of any items where required based on internal and external requirements.
• Support the integration engineers through the development of the vehicles to ensure issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
• Working with other departments in the selection of suitable suppliers and components.
• Working with the wider electrical team to develop functional specifications and requirements for modules.
The candidate must have experience in the following:
• Strong Organisational and communications skills
•Passion for New Product and Current Projects (Automotive and Motorcycle interest would be preferred)
• HV safety and requirements
• HV system and component selection
• HV Busbar design
• Simulation toolsets such as Matlab and Simulink
• Cell selection/Supplier liaison
• Automotive electrical component specification and design
• Owning and creating specification documents
• ISO/similar standards for component testing/design
• Be able to read and understand electrical circuit / PCB schematics as required
• Component-level testing and fault-finding
• CAN/LIN communication and simulation methods
The candidate ideally would have experience in the following, but this is not essential.
• Direct experience of battery and BMS electrical design (e.g., Busbar/PCB design) from a supplier.
• CREO / Pro-engineer
• Topology design.
The candidate must have an Electrical Engineering degree, or similar combined with relevant industry experience and no less than 5 year’s industry experience.
Rewards of working for Norton:
We like to take care of our Nortoneers and we think we offer some pretty decent rewards. Here's what you'll get when you join the team:
💰 Competitive salary package that recognises your skills and experience
🌴A whopping 33 days of holiday (inc. Bank Hols) to relax and recharge
👴 Generous pension scheme that sets you up for the future, with access to personalised advice.
🚑 Private Medical Insurance and a Cash Back Programme to keep you feeling your best
💸 Life insurance (4x salary) because we've got your back no matter what
🍌FREE fruit, got to have your five-a-day!
🩺WeCare Employee Assistance Programme, which includes access to online GP services, dietary advice, mental health support, bereavement counselling, and a fitness programme
🚀 Experience the thrill of an entrepreneurial environment within a larger, well-funded company with ambitious long-term goals.
💡 Elevate your career with our Ideas for Excellence scheme, where every brilliant idea is not just valued, but also rewarded!
🌍 A diverse and international team that brings together different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
🎉 Join the fun with our twice-yearly employee events, payday socials, and loads of exciting activities in between!
🚴♂️Want to go green? You can enjoy free electric bicycle hire
🚗 Plus, no need to stress about finding a parking spot - we've got on-site free parking covered and FREE electric charge points.
We know how important it is to take care of our team, and we're committed to continually improving our reward offering in line with the business growth plan.
Join us and see for yourself!
PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT AGENCY APPLICATIONS