We’re not just another bike brand - we're an iconic, British motorcycle brand with over 120 years of history behind us. Our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands are home to a tight-knit, but ever-expanding team that's passionate about delivering exquisite riding experiences to our customers.
Under new ownership and proud to be part of the TVS Motor family, we're entering a new era of global success. And we want you to be a part of it!
At Norton, we value respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to execute their roles exceptionally and professionally, and we value personal development, teaching, and learning. When you join our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow and learn alongside some of the most talented and dedicated people in the business.
So if you're passionate about motorcycles and looking to join a team that's shaping the future of this legendary brand, we'd love to hear from you!
The individual will form part of driving the purchasing function of this UK based global brand to ensure a robust and committed supply chain. You will have a successful track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be as important as those with your suppliers.
- Category expert for your area of responsibility – accountability for the supply base, costing and supplier prospecting in this area
- Responsible for defining a category sourcing strategy for your area of spend in line with the Norton’s future product plan.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications, ensuring that a professional and consistent approach is taken up.
- Plan and carry-out robust Early Supplier engagement for all new Norton projects
- Responsibility for all components within your category area on current production models. Acting as a point of contact to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues, escalating to management when needed.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments, communicating any supply problems which may impact on a project/s within your category spend.
- Prepare and raise orders and order schedules.
- Negotiate contracts, improving prices and terms with suppliers whilst maintaining quality standards and expected delivery lead times.
- Work closely with team members to review opportunities for continuous improvement within the purchasing function.
- Access and contribute to the evaluation of current and/or prospective suppliers in relation to performance (quality, cost, delivery on time)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Previous Procurement experience
- High level of attention to detail and well organised
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
- A highly flexible individual who can adjust to a very agile environment
- Proactive, methodical, practical and persistent
- Able to work well under pressure
- Works well within a team
- Microsoft Office suite proficient
- Must have the Right To Work in the UK
Rewards of working for Norton:
We like to take care of our Nortoneers and we think we offer some pretty decent rewards. Here's what you'll get when you join the team:
💰 Competitive salary package that recognises your skills and experience
🌴A whopping 33 days of holiday (inc. Bank Hols) to relax and recharge
👴 Generous pension scheme that sets you up for the future, with access to personalised advice.
🚑 Private Medical Insurance and a Cash Back Programme to keep you feeling your best
💸 Life insurance (4x salary) because we've got your back no matter what
🍌FREE fruit, got to have your five-a-day!
🩺WeCare Employee Assistance Programme, which includes access to online GP services, dietary advice, mental health support, bereavement counselling, and a fitness programme
🚀 Experience the thrill of an entrepreneurial environment within a larger, well-funded company with ambitious long-term goals.
💡 Elevate your career with our Ideas for Excellence scheme, where every brilliant idea is not just valued, but also rewarded!
🌍 A diverse and international team that brings together different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
🎉 Join the fun with our twice-yearly employee events, payday socials, and loads of exciting activities in between!
🚴♂️Want to go green? You can enjoy free electric bicycle hire
🚗 Plus, no need to stress about finding a parking spot - we've got on-site free parking covered and FREE electric charge points.
We know how important it is to take care of our team, and we're committed to continually improving our reward offering in line with the business growth plan.
Join us and see for yourself!
PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT AGENCY APPLICATIONS