We’re not just another bike brand - we're an iconic, British motorcycle brand with over 120 years of history behind us. Our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands are home to a tight-knit, but ever-expanding team that's passionate about delivering exquisite riding experiences to our customers.
Under new ownership and proud to be part of the TVS Motor family, we're entering a new era of global success. And we want you to be a part of it!
At Norton, we value respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to execute their roles exceptionally and professionally, and we value personal development, teaching, and learning. When you join our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow and learn alongside some of the most talented and dedicated people in the business.
So if you're passionate about motorcycles and looking to join a team that's shaping the future of this legendary brand, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Lead Infotainment Engineer, to join a dynamic engineering team, to support growth of the product range and raise the quality of Norton motorcycles to new heights. You will be responsible for the software and hardware requirements in accordance with industry standards for security, safety and diagnostics. You will be expected to deliver exciting new technologies for the next generation of Norton Motorcycles. The individual should be a highly motivated hands-on team player, accustomed to working cross-functionally to meet the department and business objectives.
- The definition of software and hardware requirements for the Electrical system (working with system architects, design and the product management team).
- Planning, developing and maintaining hardware software and features required to satisfy vehicle functionalities, security and safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain Technology Roadmap for Electrical systems.
- Working closely with the Engineering validation team to plan feature testing and support the hardware and software validation.
- Contributing to the definition of the software development process.
- Management of suppliers to meet project Cost, Quality and Timing deliverables.
- Working alongside the functional safety team to ensure Functional Safety Requirements (FSRs) are met and delivered.
- Working with Engineers within the wider teams to ensure that all requirements are captured.
- Working with other Engineers on the optimal locations / packaging of any items where required based on internal and external requirements.
- Support the integration Engineers through the development of the vehicles to ensure any issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Working with other departments in the selection of suitable suppliers and components.
- Working with the wider electrical team to develop functional specifications and requirements for modules.
- Automotive engineering process experience
- Definition of software and hardware requirements for the Infotainment system (working with system architects, UX/UI, design and product team) and generate the digital traceability as part of the functional decomposition.
- Planning, developing and maintaining software and features required to satisfy vehicle functionalities, security and safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain Technology Roadmap for Infotainment and Ux/Ui.
- Strong Leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in managing and planning complex Hardware and Software projects.
- Knowledge of logging tools (eg. CANoe, CANalyser, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience developing products in line with Functional Safety and Cybersecurity requirements.
- In depth understanding of Electrical Integration for hardware and software configuration.
- Component level testing and fault finding.
- Ability to delegate and manage a team to deliver.
- Task focused with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a complex and ambiguous environment.
- Proactive personality, positive and strongly passionate about the product
- Willingness to learn new tools and processes.
- Effective time management skills to manage time between several projects.
- Commercially focused to manage resources and finances within allocated budgets.
- Competent using Microsoft business Tools.
Rewards of working for Norton:
We like to take care of our Nortoneers and we think we offer some pretty decent rewards. Here's what you'll get when you join the team:
💰 Competitive salary package that recognises your skills and experience
🌴A whopping 33 days of holiday (inc. Bank Hols) to relax and recharge
👴 Generous pension scheme that sets you up for the future, with access to personalised advice.
🚑 Private Medical Insurance and a Cash Back Programme to keep you feeling your best
💸 Life insurance (4x salary) because we've got your back no matter what
🍌FREE fruit, got to have your five-a-day!
🩺WeCare Employee Assistance Programme, which includes access to online GP services, dietary advice, mental health support, bereavement counselling, and a fitness programme
🚀 Experience the thrill of an entrepreneurial environment within a larger, well-funded company with ambitious long-term goals.
💡 Elevate your career with our Ideas for Excellence scheme, where every brilliant idea is not just valued, but also rewarded!
🌍 A diverse and international team that brings together different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
🎉 Join the fun with our twice-yearly employee events, payday socials, and loads of exciting activities in between!
🚴♂️Want to go green? You can enjoy free electric bicycle hire
🚗 Plus, no need to stress about finding a parking spot - we've got on-site free parking covered and FREE electric charge points.
We know how important it is to take care of our team, and we're committed to continually improving our reward offering in line with the business growth plan.
Join us and see for yourself!
PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT AGENCY APPLICATIONS